Re: nginx TLS 1.3 doesn't seem to work

Ok this has got out of hand,

I was simply asking for help, I did not want a full on argument about when to quote and when to not to quote breaking out within the mailing list, its noisy (and that is coming from the noisiest person within the mailing list).

When to quote, and how much to quote is subjective, some people want you to include the entire email conversation, and some people rather just make reference to comments others have made, regardless, its subjective.

Ralph obviously prefers to delete emails and not store them in their inbox, its up to them, its their email address!

However, on the other hand, if I am replying in a thread, I am not going to quote a conversation when it is clearly implied by the previous email, you have the mailing list archives, and maybe delete the email from your inbox after the thread goes stale? Otherwise you are missing out important information for the conversation which was in previous emails to the mailing list.

Your view is slightly broken.

In your opinion, remember the mailing list have guidelines, not strict rules, everyone has their own ways of writing emails, as long as others can understand them, what is the issue here?

And I am aware you can't understand them because you delete the history, but that is an issue you created.

How does one know when a thread has ended?

Rule of thumb? If it goes stale for a week or two, most threads will not be revived at that point.

Note to the mailing list operators, OpenBSD mailing list allows you to resend emails which you might have deleted from the list, maybe allow for the redelivery of emails from the archive by pressing a "redeliver" button or something, that would also help with this situation!

It is true.  There are conventions.  Long established.  Wise ones.

I won't engage further on this issue.  It's noise for the list.

Subjective once again, some people on the mailing list hate long emails, some people on the mailing list prefer long emails, every mailing list and every person is different.

As you say there are conventions, although you should in general stick to them, it is not a warcrime to break them if you do not see the additional effort of quoting something which was implied by the previous email.

Now can we go back to the original topic of getting TLS1.3 working?

--
Polarian
GPG signature: 0770E5312238C760