Keep getting SSL certificate failures

Hello,

I did not notice this issue at first, but reflecting back on it now there seems to be a serious issue with my SSL on my laptop.

When I was speaking to Erus about a "rotted link" within the AUR, I could not access the website as it kept throwing TLS errors, he could. I assumed it was just because of more strict firefox settings.

I have now realised that this plays more of an issue, I am constantly getting errors such as:

SSL_ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED_ALERT

on firefox, and

ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

on chromium.

This happens to multiple sites, but only to some, there seems to be no link between them.

For example:

https://web.archive.org/web/20130824024508/http://www.baycom.org/~tom/ham/soundmodem/

is one such website I am not able to visit on any browser on my laptop.

I assume this is an issue with the certificate verification on my laptop or maybe even openssl?

I guess you could consider this karma for using packages within testing :P (but hey at least I am testing)

If anyone has any ideas on how to diagnose the issue, on what the issue here is, or links to sources I can look into, please let me know.

Have a good night,
--
Polarian
GPG signature: 0770E5312238C760