Re: Driver for Nvidia Geforce GTX 760

On Sat, 18 Mar 2023 at 15:39, Doug Newgard <dnewgard@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, 18 Mar 2023 14:27:49 +0000
Andy Pieters <arch-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm trying to upgrade my 5.18.10 system and the DKMS build is failing for
> my NVIDIA driver.

They have already provided a fix for the issue, the patch for 6.2 was applied
 Yeah that's what I thought. I saw the other thread about nvidia driver although it was slightly different to mine
to the AUR package almost a month ago. Please don't tell me you're trying to
install directly from nvidia's website?
 No of course not. I am well aware that distros need to patch nvidia drivers and I refuse to install anything that doesn't come in the form of a pacman package.

What happened is that I upgraded the system with pacman (doesn't touch AUR), and during the dkms rebuild, it simply could not build the driver. It kept running into the issue I described above.

Weirdly, though, in desperation, I have removed all packages even remotely smelling like nvidia and reinstalled them from the yay cache directory and this time everything just works. YAY!

Don't ask me why it works now. I'm just glad I don't have to ask my boss for another graphics card. (he would probably force me to install Windows instead :-(   )