Re: how to configure networking

On 13 Mar 2023, at 11:08, Rino Mardo <rino19ny@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

kinda hard to follow that link because the iw package is not installed.

I mean, you're installing a machine - at which point you should choose to install iwd if that is your preferred way of using networking. There's other alternatives - which is why you need to choose rather than we choosing for you.

iwd is a good option tho :)

"by default"? isn't that kinda wrong i mean it's a networked machine.

My machine is not hooked up to the internet while installing and not afterwards either. And you might not want generic catch all networking configured either.

The point I'm trying to make is that most Arch users have user specific setups and purpose build their setups, even down to the networking. I for one would hate if there was a systemd-networkd catch all configuration when i don't want to use DHCP in my network.