Re: Dual Root setup

I have updated the notes which now shows the original way but also the approach suggested by Oscar (thank you) - this is a superior method but bit more painful for existing installs.

This way has <esp> on each disk along with btrfs raid1 for the rest basically.

I have a working example doing this and its pretty nice!
Yes I had to repartition and reformat 2 disks for my tests but without actually doing it, its all just theory :)

This had one little puzzling wrinkle that needed to be solved to make this viable. And it turned out to be quite tricky. The challenge is to identify which of the 2 <esp> was actually booted, so the correct one can be bind mounted on to /boot.

Now that I solved that little puzzle, the rest is pretty straightforward.

I have a little more coding to do and will make the code available soon. I still have some work to do on syncing the <esp> but now we know which esp is the 'other' one and which is the 'current' one - that work can proceed nicely.

The notes are updated -thanks for the ideas and feedback - much appreciated (esp. Oscar)

Current version now up on github
https://github.com/gene-git/blog

best

gene