Re: amdgpu issue: where to report?

On 01-03-2023 09:22, Giovanni Santini wrote:
Hi everyone,

I am currently having multiple issues with my latpop, which has an integrated AMD C+GPU and an NVIDIA discrete card.

The main problem I have is that the GPU freaks out of nowhere and start blanking.

I noticed this happens mostly in Wayland, in X11 instead I have a missing monitor in my multi-monitor setup.

I got the system logs from journalctl and I am wondering whether I should open an issue against ArchLinux "linux" package,

the "amdgpu" one or shoul I contact upstream directly.

I think one of the first two is best, I wanted to double check.

Bests,

Giovanni

Hi,

unless you already have done extensive troubleshooting to narrow down possible causes, the answer is :neither of the above.

There are many things that can go wrong with integrated gpu systems and the presence of the nvidia card increases that number by a lot . Sometimes there's even a simple solution like using the latest efi firmware for your laptop ,

Open a topic on archlinux forum. Aside from journalctl output also add the output of lspci -k, your X / wayland setup and try to describe the problem in detail.

Lone_Wolf