Re: Status of paraview package

Hi,

Le 20 février 2023 18:35:45 GMT+04:00, "Åsmund Ervik" <aaervik@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
Hi,

The paraview package is at version 5.10 and has been flagged as out-of-date
since October.

Are there any blockers for updating the package to 5.11?

Yes, me (this package is not trivial to upgrade, it requires some knowledge of what things to check upstream when there is a major upgrade). Plus some administrative issues regarding my internet connection (or lack of).

Basically I’ve been underwater with work for months, it started to get better but… I’ve been moving last month and my new home apparently does not exist (depends on which service you ask, but when it comes to network operators that’s basically it — I’ve been spending 1h per day by phone or in person every day of the past four weeks to try to get this solved). So I’m limited to my cellphone connection and huge packages like Paraview and VTK aren’t going to be a possibility/priority.

I don’t see any positive exit from this situation within the next three months, so the current ETA for me to return to active packaging is June (because I’m moving temporarily somewhere that does have internet).

Regards,
Bruno/Archange