Re: Update to Glibc 2.37 (possibly) causes coredumps of electron (element-desktop)

On 10.02.23 20:03, Uwe Sauter wrote:

Does anyone see the same? Can anyone confirm my suspicion?

Same here after updating the system (was on vacation 2 weeks of updates).

There's been a potential workaround identified on mastodon: https://chaos.social/@shine@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/109841528871542027

Hope we can find and fix the root-cause as well, so we can have encrypted search again.

Best,
Marcus

Interesting as I only had problems on the day that I reported the issue. Since the following day, no more crashes occured on my system.

The article referenced by that link seems to be private.

Ah, sorry about that. (I actually checked the post privacy before linking but GoToSocial seems to do things differently then Mastodon.)

The suggestion was to disable fulltext search in encrypted messages (the setting for which can be found in security settings) which for me fixed the constant crashing.

There seems to be something going wrong with seshat (element's search indexing implementation which is wrapped for usage from js through electron).

Regards,

     Uwe

Marcus