Re: Obfuscation of emails

Hello,

Nice script, however I feel it is a little overkill. I do not mind deobfuscating emails every now and again, but its the fact that the ArchWiki continues to recommend obfuscation of emails, without ever describing why it could be good or bad.

You can see this in: https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/AUR_submission_guidelines

Quoting from this page:

Remember to disguise your email to protect against spam
I a while back added a small statement to try to counteract this, in response to a discussion:

Be aware this will make it more difficult for actual users to email you, so obfuscate like shown below only if necessary.

The issue is the majority of cases it is not necessary, and thus this line is pretty redundant.

You can't stop people obfuscating their emails if it makes them feel safer from spam, but can we at least stop advertising it falsely as the one solution to end all spam emails?

Thanks,
--
Polarian
GPG signature: 0770E5312238C760