Re: Obfuscation of emails

Hello,

The fact I have to read and think of how to structure the email address instead of copying and pasting is the issue for me, its a big deterrent, when I want to shoot someone a quick email giving them a heads up, I don't want to have to decypher their email address from the PKGBUILD because they obfuscated it, but this is my personal opinion, I know others share this opinion but I do not know how many :/

> 100x harder? How? Because it isn't a clickable mailto link? Please
> give Arch users *some* credit

No thanks, also it does not have to be a clickable mailto link but there has been many times (especially for those with german names... sorry, your names are so different from a English point of view) where I have mistyped the name in the email and the next day got a undelivered mail notification that the mail was not delivered. Humans make mistakes, in no way am I saying Arch Linux users are stupid, I am saying why not cut out the additional overhead and just make it 100x easier?

> And it you are going to keep emailing these lists, please learn how to
> quote replies so the context remains in the thread. That is a practice
> that actually does make interacting with the community less
> burdensome.

I use text-only emails, unlike most people I dislike using html emails, it adds so much complexity, I love the simplicity of plain text emails. Yes I can quote like I have in this email, but I sometimes get lazy and can't be bothered, especially if it is only a small reply which is not complex.

Furthermore I kindly ask for you to treat me with a little more respect, you have made two unjustified allegations within your email, firstly accusing me of implying that Arch Linux users are "imbeciles", and now you are dictating how I should and shouldn't structure my emails.

If we are going to play the elitism card like you have in your email, look at your email address with your fancy "@gmail.com" and look at mine, just like how we all speak differently, we all structure our emails differently, I get the point you are making but it was VERY passive aggressive, so kindly stop!

Thanks,
--
Polarian
GPG signature: 0770E5312238C760