Re: kernel 6.1 : suspend/resume problem - s2idle interference

On 02.01.23 14:35, Polarian wrote:
> Going back other commit:
>
> https://github.com/archlinux/svntogit-packages/commit/94647cd1eefbdb81665c9bc9b6a0fbcee39fed1c
>
> The config was changed, thus it might be worth you looking through the diff
> on the configuration and see if any of the features you wanted have been
> disabled, because you stated that 6.0.12-arch1-1 is working for you, thus if
> it is a configuration issue, the configuration changes above may show the
> solution to your problem.

This was probably the result of something like `make oldconfig` while
going from 6.0 to 6.1, so just seeing "config has changed" does not
imply it was a deliberate change of any particular setting by the
maintainer.

To me this whole issue sounds more like a kernel regression and not
something directly caused by our Arch Linux kernel package, as we're
not really doing any downstream changes in our vanilla/default "linux"
package.
(E.g. in contrast to linux-hardened or linux-zen which have patch sets
applied and deliberately modified build configs.)

As already mentioned a couple times in this thread, the best way
forward would probably be:

 - try building the current kernel git HEAD (i.e. aur/linux-git) and
   check if your issue is still present there
 - check for recently opened kernel bugs similar to your issue, if you
   find one that seems to closely match: comment with your findings and
   add yourself to the CC list to get emails on subsequent
   comments/changes
 - if there isn't a bug report matching your issue yet and your issue
   is still present in git HEAD, go ahead an submit a new kernel bug
   following their bug submission guidelines with as many details as
   possible
 - if you are able and have the time: bisect the kernel commits to possibly
   identify the "bad" commit that introduced the regression in 6.1 and
   comment that on the corresponding kernel bug ticket
 - downgrade to linux-lts for the time being as a workound to still
   get kernel updates while the issue is hopefully being addressed and
   fixed upstream and ideally backported (where needed)

Cheers

--
Thore "foxxx0" Bödecker

GPG ID: 0xEB763B4E9DB887A6
GPG FP: 051E AD6A 6155 389D 69DA  02E5 EB76 3B4E 9DB8 87A6