Re: Documentation on pacman / libalpm package repositories

Hello,

Can I please clarify what you are asking.

So you would like to host a repo to distribute binaries in which pacman can pull?

If so you can check the format of a mirror such as mine:

https://archmirror.polarian.dev

I do not remember the documentation page but from my memory in /etc/pacman.conf at the bottom you see the list of repositories, you can add your own:

[repo name]
Server = http(s)://url.tld/

All you got to do is serve binaries using a web server such as pacman. You will need a package list, this I am not too sure about, what I know about it is it is a .tar.gz named as <reponame>.db but is not actually a database (inspected using the file command utility).

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Pacman

Might be useful to check the link above, but I am not sure it is here. I remember finding this referenced in a few of the arch wiki pages, but I am sorry I can't remember which they were (I have read a lot of the arch wiki pages).

I will take a look and hopefully reply to this later on with a better reply (if someone else doesn't get there before me).

Hope this helps in some way,
Polarian