Re: Mailing list to discuss ArchWiki?

On 12/14/22 13:50, Polarian wrote:
Hello,

I have realised a lot of the ArchWiki discussions are very empty, and have not been used for years for some of the pages. At first I thought this was because the pages were just not edited very often, but now I have realised that even the most popular pages do not have many discussions.

Is there a mailing list for the ArchWiki, or do ArchWiki memebers use an alternative form of discussion to discuss wiki related subjects?

Thank you,
Polarian

The crux of the matter is we used to have a very active wiki that welcomed user contributions. Some 5-7 years ago (hell maybe 10 by now), most, if not all user contributions were summarily removed or poorly rewritten. It literally became pointless to contribute to the wiki as whatever you researched and added would simply be removed.

In many ways the wiki, while still the best among distros, now suffers and has become stale in areas.

It's not a right or wrong issue, it's just the direction Arch decided to take regarding control of the wiki. What we have now is the natural consequence of that decision.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.