Re: Should git be contained in base-devel group?

As for acquiring PKGBUILDs, there could be countless ways to achieve that. Not to mention that it doesn’t have anything to do with the actual building either. So it makes little sense to include git for that reason IMHO.

Hello,

I do not know which mailing list to send this in but I have a question
to bring up.

After being brought up in the aur mailing list, I was wondering why is
git not in the base-devel group, which contains all the tools needed for
building PKGBUILDs, but cloning from the AUR (and a lot of PKGBUILDs)
all use git, therefore wouldn't it make sense for this to be include in
base-devel?

Thanks,
Polarian