Re: DKIM fail messages

On 31.10.2022 15.11, Geert Hendrickx wrote:
In the chain sender => list.archlinux.org => list members, I suspect it's
Mailman (on the Arch list server) that does not support 8BITMIME; since
OpenDKIM on that server succesfully verified the DKIM signature, the mail
arrived there as 8bit, but is being distributed to list members as 7-bit.

Could the Arch listserver set "disable_mime_output_conversion=yes" in its
master.cf at the point it is handing over mail to Mailman? (not globally!)
As suggested in https://www.postfix.org/MILTER_README.html#workarounds

This way, 8-bit messages will not be converted to 7-bit QP or base64 when
going through Mailman, and arrive intact at 8BITMIME capable recipients.

(After Mailman, Postfix' smtp client will still convert messages to 7-bit
when delivering to non-8BITMIME capable recipients, which will still break
DKIM validation for them, but non-8BITMIME capable DKIM-validators will
have issues with a *lot* of mail anyway, forwarded or not.)

	Geert