Re: Python nightmare

El 2022-08-19 06:16, Guus Snijders via arch-general escribió:

Op vr 19 aug. 2022 04:00 schreef admin--- via arch-general <
arch-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hi guys,

Recently tried to install Spyder IDE but i got a ton of errors, so after
trying different approaches I found that probably doing it through
Anaconda would be better.

Ok, first question: how did you install these applications? Was it an Arch
package or from source? Or even another packager like PIP?

I tried to install it from Arch pkg first, and then from AUR, finally I use the
Anaconda installer

And try first with AUR, but never could, so I

download Anacondas installer and after a huge amount of time it got
installed. So there it was Anaconda + Spyder etc.... however I started
to get a ton of Python related warnings and error every time I updated
(pacman -Syu), so i ended up removing Anconda and everything else. But
now i still getting errors like...

advertencia: no se pudo obtener información del archivo
usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages/btrfsutil.cpython-310-x86_64-linux-gnu.so
advertencia: no se pudo obtener información del archivo

usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages/_distutils_hack/__pycache__/override.cpython-310.pyc
advertencia: no se pudo obtener información del archivo
usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages/jaraco.text-3.8.1.dist-info/

Hint: use
LANG=C pacman -Syu
If you seek help on an international mailing list. Messages in English are
a lot easier to work with. :)

:D good point, thanks.

[...]

So, does anybody has seen or been in something like this? any hints how
can I "purge" "remove" or deinstall properly the buggy libraries and
reinstall everything properly?

Hope someone have a good pointer. Thanks in advance.

Well, it looks like your python installation is messed up. Hence my
question about installing from source.

Could you try to use these (broken) applications as another user? With a
bit of luck, it's only the personal environment that got broken.

Yep, I tried it wiht a brand new user with the same result :(

If it doesn't work with another user, then you might have corrupted the
files. Perhaps that can be fixed by reinstalling the packages (from a known good source), otherwise it's probably time to reinstall Arch completely and
restore the user data from backup.

This is what i was trying to avoid, but every day i see it more near as a solution.

Of course, this being Linux, you could also opt to check each file under /usr with pacman. (Can this be done the other way around? By letting pacman
test the integrity of each installed pkg?).

There's nothing wrong with a little manual work, I'm just guessing that
starting from scratch might be faster, depending on the damage.

yes, I agree. Thanks Guus for your comments.

Regards

Mvg, Guus Snijders