Re: [arch-gen] Qt wayland DEs?

On 11/7/21 14:52, riveravaldez via arch-general wrote:
And just in case it also serves your
needs, you could check or try IceWM
from official repos, with any theme
that suits you.
Can't think of something conceptually
lighter...
Kind regards!

IceWM is a WM, not a DE, and it's a Xorg one, or so I remember.  I explored it long time ago.  And at that time I preferred using Fluxbox, and kept doing so, even when starting to use a DE (LXQt + Fluxbox + Compton).  Both IceWM and Fluxbox are pretty light, and perhaps IceWM is lighter, however I preferred and kept using Fluxbox, not that it was way heavier either.

I'm looking for Qt based Wayland DEs, the lightest possible, but not using tiling compositors.  In my mind LXQt + KWin on Wayland would be an option, and I hope it get there, but that's not happening any time soon.  The only 2 ones I'm aware of, besides plasma, are Liri and paperDE.  I also noticed theShell and theDesk, but they seem Xorg DEs, rather than Wayland.

Thanks !

--
Javier