Re: Unstable/Unusably slow Wi-Fi connection with systemd-networkd/wpa_supplicant

Am 24.03.21 um 15:11 schrieb Mike Cloaked via arch-general:

I use DHCP but systemd-resolved is not
enabled or running ...  I have unbound set up

This is a possible configuration, if you are willing to run your own resolver, which defeats split horizon DNS setups, IDS, or spam filters like pihole, or even certain CDNs. For mobile clients I'm using connman/iwd now, that replaces networkd, resolved, timesyncd. For wired machines I'm using static configuration via networkd or even pure .service units, which is generated from a central database that feeds DNS too. (hosts files are generated too, avoiding two "single" points of failure for local network services)

Networkmanager is also fine, but I had the impression that roaming and reconnects after suspend are faster with connman.