Re: Laptop's webcam gets blocked randomly

Am 2021-03-21 17:53, schrieb riveravaldez via arch-general:

your solution seems to work also here!

I'm deeply thankful. You saved me in the middle of a job.

How do you discover that fix?, and do you have any idea why this
happens and how that flashlight-action works?

Nice to hear that I could help you!

I honestly don't know how I discovered that fix. I think my first guess was the
image was just extremely underexposed.
Still I think that there is a problem with the exposure automatic and it just
needs a strong "push".

Right now this seems kind of a webcam-hardware issue, that gets
incidentally solved (at least for the moment) rapidly exposing the
webcam to an intense light (like the mobile phones flashlight) in the
precise moment it's needed to be used (and appearing as blocked).

At the moment I cannot test further as I installed Linux Mint on the laptop
for my wife's remote teaching. I had told her what could happen with the
camera and how to fix it, but as it seems she only faceed the problem once when it was too dark in her office turning on the light was enough to activate the cam.