Re: dracut roll-out plan?

Em janeiro 25, 2021 8:34 Damjan Georgievski via arch-general escreveu:
  I see dracut is creeping into the system. Which I see as fine, SuSE has used
dracut for a couple of years and it has proven to be quite robust. But I do
have a question on roll-out and what will be required on the user's part. I
have begun seeing, e.g.:

At first I thought that dracut, being common to Suse and Fedora, would
be nice to use in Arch too, so that there's more standardisation
between distros.
Alas, after using it for a while, dracut seems like the worse project
than mkinitcpio. Both are heavily based on bash, but dracut is a huge
single script and hard to follow.
dracut also had obvious errors (for which I've sent a PR) that really
cooled me off the idea to replace mkinitcpio with it.

dracut is huge because it supports way more stuff than mkinitcpio does.
I have been using it on a few of my machines for a long time now, without
issues. I use mkinitcpio on my main machine.

I'd hope that mkinitcpio stays the supported initramfs system in Arch
in the near future.
Are there any pressing issues in mkinitcpio currently?

I don't see things changing any time soon.

Regards,
Giancarlo Razzolini