Re: Arch should be apolitical

Well, the way I see it, they can keep the rainbow on their logo all year long. After all, I see the rainbow as a symbol of its original meaning, that God set His bow in the cloud as a covenant between Him and us that He would never again destroy the earth with a flood.

That said, a religious symbol is also not very appropriate for a computer operating system, unless its developers are known to profess a certain faith. But then again, was the official Arch logo changed on the website, or was this only a Reddit thing? If Reddit, then pretty much anything goes. But whether it's a political symbol or a religious one, it's probably not appropriate on the official website. I ask about the website because I'm visually impaired, using the Orca screen reader, so am unable to see for myself what if anything was done to the logo that appears on the Arch website.

~Kyle