Re: do i need to configure mkinitcpio.conf for my md array ?

On 16.01.2020 15:36, Josef Miegl wrote:
On January 16, 2020 2:44:44 PM GMT+01:00, Shadrock Uhuru via arch-general <arch-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
do i need to reconfigure mkinitcpio.conf for my md array
so that the array is assembled and started at boot

Depends on when you want to assemble your array. If you want/need the array to be assembled in early user space, then use the mdadm_udev hook as described in https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Mkinitcpio#Using_RAID. This is typically needed when booting a system on software RAID. However, if you don't need the array assembled in early user space, just use mdadm later on in the boot process.

Josef Miegl

hi
i've rebooted the server and the raid is automatically assembled and mount without any issues or input on my part,
i have not altered mkinitcpio.conf or regenerated mkinitcpio,
I'm assuming that mdadm.conf is being read on startup
or should i still go through the editing of mkinitcpio.conf and
regeneration to make sure mdadm.conf is being read at boot,
bearing in mind i will not be booting arch of the raid.

shadrock