Re: syslinux: out of date - or not?

Hi Eli,

> While I understand it's disappointing to not have desired features from
> the package, it does take some time to get those features when they
> suffer from being both unreleased code, and code on top of a package
> that doesn't validly build in 2018. Please wait, we are trying to get to
> a working state, and hopefully our syslinux maintainer will be able to
> resolve this sometime soon. Once we can trust the package actually
> works, we can move it to stable.
>
> Hope this clears things up for you. :)
> Good luck.

I'm thankful for pointing out the issues regarding syslinux. I assumed
some issues when seeing that 6.04 was not released since 2 years, but I
did not assume that it is so bad. Sounds somehow like upstream is more
or less dead? :/
But in MBR-land it seems to be the only alternative to grub?

BR
Bjoern