Which browser to use? [was: Firefox user data autofill doesn't work as before]

Am 09.03.2017 um 04:49 schrieb Eli Schwartz via arch-general:
On 03/08/2017 10:07 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
Ok I understand, https://aur.archlinux.org/login/ is an insecure web
site, since the issue mentioned by the OP happens with this login.
However, for my taste it's not a problem to select the user name,
but this history problem is an issue for me, as well as the
safebrowsing that gets added, even if you removed it. Some of many
issues, that are reason for me to use other web browsers. Could you
explain what's actually insecure with
https://aur.archlinux.org/login/ ? It's a https page, not a http
page.

I cannot, in fact, explain what is insecure about
https://aur.archlinux.org/login/ but this is probably because it works
perfectly for me...

You are dreaming. Please wake up.

The history once upon a time worked as the history still works for
nearly any other browser. Fortunately there are other browsers we
could chose and a lot of people migrated to other browsers. It's not
an unrelated rant, since the OP dislikes two changes, I try to
explain that many users discontinued using Firefox. By the pulseaudio
thread I already mentioned other firefox based and firefox alike
projects. That web browser developers go different ways in general is
not only an issue for firefox, that's why there's vivaldi ;).

Yes, please let's answer the OP by telling him to find an alternative
browser. Thanks for clearing that up, I was *wondering* what your post
was getting at. :)

However, in regards to security firefox would be the last browser I
would use. Java script settings were removed

[...]

So, I wonder why Firefox is in a "preferred" registry (extra), while Opera is in "community" and Vivaldi is in "aur".

As far as I can see, Vivaldi is an Opera clone. I cannot see, how to replace Google as a search engine in Opera - what about in Vivaldi?

Kind regards
Peter