Re: Arch pkg user and group IDs?

First of all, any UID less than 1000 is generally considered a system
user/group, I would suspect this tradition or a variation thereof
comes from elder days.
Yes, arch system users are numbered automatically, but the groups and
users you listed are a bit of special snowflakes for systemd. I'm not
sure whether remapping them would be possible.

What I would recommend to you is to use another range further beyond
1000 for your network users and groups because with regard to what we
established in the first paragraph, those don't seem to qualify as
system users IMO. And, just to mention it for completness, there is
/etc/login.defs where you can theoretically adjust those numbers.

cheers!
mar77i