No speech from orca after installing gnome after a fresh install.

Hi all,

Just install a fresh copy of arch using the talking arch cd that I have. I am using a vm for the moment, but it shouldn't matter. After getting things configured and working, I installed gnome which installed with no problems. The problem is that though there is sound such as valum razing and loawering orca will not speak. Audly enough, speakup works just fine. I just do not have sound from orca. As a side note, have not been able to run a terminal. Any ideas from any orca users here who may have an idea on this one.

Thanks.

Matthew