Re: time setting problem after installing.

ln -s /usr/share/zoneinfo/America/New_York >/etc/localtime<enter> That's a one time operation and should have been one of your beginning installation steps. I got many of mine from the beginner's guide which is longer and more informative.

On Sun, 3 Jul 2016, matthew dyer via arch-general wrote:

Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2016 16:27:56
From: matthew dyer via arch-general <arch-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: arch-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: matthew dyer <ilovecountrymusic483@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject:  time setting problem after installing.

Hi all,

I just installed arch into a vertual machine dfor now as I do not have a bare boons system to install to at the moment. Any way I have a problem whare my system thinks I am in lundon uk and not in the us. I have tried running NTPD-QG but I am told that the command not found. I want the clock to show the correct local time and not have it showing 4 hours ahead of it self. Any ideas on how to fix this. I want to show it in .profile, but it just creates a new file instead of using the exhisting file. How can I change my time to the corect local time? Thanks.

Matthew