Re: gnome-keyring madness

Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> Take a look at
> https://specifications.freedesktop.org/autostart-spec/autostart-spec-latest.html ,
> it should be your desktop environment that is auto starting.

Thanks, but I tried that weeks ago.  It is not the autostart feature of
the desktop environment that is starting gnome-keyring.  From what I can
figure out, it is lightdm that is starting gnome-keyring.

What's doubly annoying is that gnome-keyring stays alive after I log
out, meaning that the systemd login session is never terminated.  This
can cause some bizarre issues when logging in again.

In fact, my day-to-day "desktop environment" (Window Maker) doesn't even
support xdg autostart, so I know autostart is not the culprit.  (I am
starting programs in the xprofile.)

Given the bizarre integration bugs that gnome-keyring brings, I would
rather just remove it entirely for now:

1. Seahorse can run without gnome-keyring running in the background.
Why is there a hard dependency?
2. virt-manager runs fine when gpg-agent handles SSH keys.  Why do I
need to have its dependency x11-ssh-askpass installed?

--Kyle