Re: [arch-dev-public] Arch Linux website down

I've been reading a thread on aur-general about too many loose git objects and it appears the problem may be on the aur server not a user's machine and git prune needs to be run. I am concerned that all of the current technical difficulties may have been caused by some form of malware attack. I hope not, but I figured to alert you to the possibility.

On Wed, 1 Jun 2016, Florian Pritz via arch-general wrote:

Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2016 11:34:01
From: Florian Pritz via arch-general <arch-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: General Discusson about Arch Linux <arch-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
    Arch Linux Infrastructure development discussion
    <arch-devops@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
    Public mailing list for ArchLinux development
    <arch-dev-public@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Florian Pritz <bluewind@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re:  [arch-dev-public] Arch Linux website down

On 01.06.2016 11:36, Florian Pritz via arch-dev-public wrote:
We are currently experiencing some technical problems with the webserver
for archlinux.org, bugs.archlinux.org, patchwork.archlinux.org. We are
working on it, but resolving this problem could take a while.

The machine is back online and all services should be working normally.
If you notice any problems please contact us.

Please note that DNS has been switched to another server temporarily to
display a maintenance page. It may take up to an hour (assuming everyone
honors the TTL in DNS) until you can reach the website again.

Florian