Re: can't balance full btrfs raid6 filesystem

On Sun, Feb 21, 2016 at 6:36 AM Guus Snijders <gsnijders@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Op 20 feb. 2016 16:06 schreef "Jameson Pugh" <imntreal@xxxxxxxxx>:
> >

> > On Sat, Feb 20, 2016 at 8:04 AM, Alistair Grant <akgrant0710@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:

> to:
> [...]
>
> >> If you haven't already done so, I'd also suggest posting this to the
> >> linux-btrfs mailing list (see
> >> https://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Btrfs_mailing_list)
> >

> > Yes. I've tried removing files after adding the device. Unfortunately,
> there are no snapshots. I could try removing subvolumes. I'll try the btrfs
> list.
>
> Out of  pure curiosity I took a quick look at the archives of that list and
> it looked quite promising (though i'm not sure if it was the same OP).
>
> If it works, could you post here also? I have a feeling you won't be the
> last person to run into this situation.

Removing subvolumes, and clobbering files didn't help, so I wound up
starting over. The first thing I did was create a base subvolume, and then
added a quota to it before creating subvolumes nested under it. Hopefully,
this will help. Unfortunately, with the way btrfs reports free space, it
will still be challenge to manage.

Thanks,
Jameson