Re: [tor] User and group entries are left over in passwd and gshadow after removal, makes pwck and shadow.service fail

On Mon, 25 Jan 2016 17:45:17 +0100
Doug Newgard <scimmia at archlinux.info > wrote:

Dev discussion here:
https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/2015-February/026953.html

Thanks, that's the context I needed to understand your decision.

Reading the dev discussion and the clear consensus emerging from it, I wonder about corner (?) cases like tor where an important service fails due to the absence of user removal in package management.

Central to this particular issue is the specification of a home directory which is deleted upon package removal because empty, which trips pwck.

For it not to fail on those cases, a possible solution would be to add package-specific home dirs to PKGBUILDs backup=() array, but that's kind of an ugly workaround.

I'll leave it here for now,
Cheers