archwiki - PHP page, no longer a recommended config for php and apache?

All,

Less than 90 days ago I went through a server rebuild and at the time there were 3 options listed in the PHP wiki for using PHP (the normal php package) with apache:

    libphp5.so

    apache2-mpm-worker and mod_fcgid

    php-fpm and mod_proxy_fcgi

(see original thread from 8/25/15 titled: "PHP - libphp5.so, OR php-fpm and mod_proxy_fcgi, OR php5 with apache2-mpm-worker and mod_fcgid")

I initially installed with libphp5.so, and all worked well. I was going to investigate the other two over the holidays, but returning to the wiki today I find none of those remain recommended configurations. Instead, now the wiki only recommends a configuration for Zend Core + Apache which includes:

    Install mod_fcgid (the official one sucks)
    Install Zend Core (official PHP distribution)
    Uninstall the php package
    ^^^^^^^^^

Where the confusion lies, is there are no longer *any* suggested configurations for plain PHP (from the traditional php package) and Apache? Does this mean that the combination of plain php and apache is no longer recommended/supported on Arch or has the earlier content of wiki just been deleted for some other reason? Are the other configurations for using the normal php package with apache still fine, but will no longer be mentioned in the arch wiki?

I try to stick with the way arch recommends doing/configuring packages as stated in the arch wiki, but it just seems like the current PHP wiki page has either had relevant information unintentionally deleted, or the entire way apache/php has been used in the past is undergoing a radical change.

  What say those that know?

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.