Re: Tuxguitar: documentation and SWT/GTK

On 19-07-15 20:06, Alan E. Davis wrote:
Tux guitar works well, so far; however, when trying to access Documentation
through "Help>Documentation" Tuxguitar hangs.  I've spent some hours
researching this problem, and have gotten nowhere.  Every google search I
make leads one to mention of SWT, and apparently the most up to date 4.2
version, and some issue regarding gtk.

<snip>
Also interesting, in the "About" screen, is the following information:

This product include third party libraries:
-> SWT (Standard Widget Toolkit): http://www.eclipse.org/swt/
-> iText (Free Java-PDF library): http://www.lowagie.com/iText/

The documentation is pretty good, in general, on the Archlinux Wiki.  I
could not find much useful information regarding this problem with
Tuxguitar with respect to Archlinux, even there.

Can someone shed some light, or, better still, suggest a way to solve this
problem.  I suppose I can try to get a PDF of the docs, and use that.

Alan Davis

|The PKGBUILD has this line twice : export CLASSPATH=/usr/share/java/swt.jar:$CLASSPATH That makes tuxguitar use the archlinux SWT version. The problems likely come from arch SWT being newer then wat tuxguitar expects. Try building the package yourself with those lines commented. Note that you need to make sure the tuxguitar provided swt.jar is included in the package. |