Re: Fwd: Kernel panic - after upgrade

Just do two or three passes that should be enough.
Am 01.02.2015 um 13:48 schrieb Csányi Pál:
Op 1 feb. 2015 12:41 schreef "Csányi Pál" <csanyipal@xxxxxxxxx> het
volgende:

[...]
At this point, I'd backup configuration files and home directories and
do a full reinstall. Sounds like there's something going terribly
wrong.
Hopefully that works...
Hmm, I'd first check if dmesg shows SATA error (bus reset, seek
failed, etc) and if that is not the case, I'd do a memory test
(memtest86 is very nice for this).
Seeing that the OP is getting kernel panics, my first guess is memory
problems (I fail to see how a bad HDD would cause panics), but I might
be wrong...
The output of dmesg is here:
http://pastebin.com/9TnBGHqn

I did not see any suspicious in it. Am I right?
A couple of things i noticed:
-Nvidea complaining about not having a textmode driver configured
- ext4 mentions 14 errors on sda4

I'm not sure if these are serious or not. Could you try the memtest first?
Bad memory can cause very strange errors and is easy to test (takes time,
though).
Before I start the memtest I ask an advice: how long should I run the memtest?