Re: arch rollback machine

On 02/12/13 10:52, Sébastien Luttringer wrote:
On 02/12/2013 11:12, archlinux@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I added a new *packages* tree. That offer an easy access to all versions
of the same package in the ARM.
Documentation[1] has been updated.

Hello Sébastien,

It's great that we have ARM again - thank you for your good work to
provide this service.

Would it be possible to add an "all" directory beneath the "packages"
tree root that contains all versions of all packages?
Having that would be a direct replacement for what the old arm had and
would allow getting any version of any package with the same pacman.conf
server string.
Hello,

I splited up to avoid listing of all packages and all versions for each
request to this page. I may create a static page with all the links if
this is necessary to have a ctrl+f feature in your browser. Is that you
are looking for?
With the old ARM you could use the url in pacman.conf as a "server"link and that allowed you to install packages on a system that would otherwise need updating. This was useful when a package was needed but it was not convenient to do a full update first. So, it would be great if there's was url that can be used in this way to allow Pacman to find old packages. Does that make sense?