Re: [arch-dev-public] [RFC] Add Wayland/Weston

On 02/12/2013 05:51 PM, Tom Gundersen wrote:
On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 5:42 PM, Andreas Radke <andyrtr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Am Sat, 9 Feb 2013 17:35:27 +0100
schrieb Andreas Radke <andyrtr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Since cairo will also depend on that libegl then every system will
pull in Wayland. Is this really needed? If we can't build it in a
different way we directly need to move Wayland to extra.

-Andy

Bump.

If we agree that we want to start to support Wayland in Arch we need to
move Wayland libs to the extra repo. Then I can build Mesa making use
of it in libegl. This shouldn't harm anything else and wayland libs are
a pretty small pkg (when we drop the static libs).

So who's going to move it to extra and wants to maintain it there? I
could build it but will not use it myself anytime soon.

I'll be happy to maintain Wayland, so I'll take it over and move it to [extra].

-t

Hello, and thank you for adding Wayland into Extra. There is now another smaller problem. In order to make use of Wayland with GTK+3, libxkbcommon should be moved into extra first. Can anyone do that? Lot of GTK+3 apps can be ran in Weston using GDK_BACKEND=wayland.