Restarting at-spi2?

hi all
I am currently using orca v3.6.1 on xfce 4.10. Occasionally orca will crash causing me to have to restart it. This will sometimes also crash the at-spi2 bridge, causing orca to restart but then refuse to read anything on the screen until i reboot. I've tried to track down the processes responsible for at-spi. Typing ps -e | grep -i at-spi gives me two processes. at-spi2-dbus-launcher and at-spi2-registryd. I tried to write a script to restart at-spi2 by simply killall -9 at-spi2-dbus-launcher and at-spi2-registryd, then restarts them. but I get a command not found error when trying to restart both of them. Knowing nothing about dbus, I'm lost here. can anyone help? I've tried looking at the .config/autostart/at-spi2-registryd file provided with xfce, but it doesn't have the command I need to start at-spi2. I've researched on the web, but haven't found anything promising, only old bug reports that have been closed, and some forum posts, also about old bug reports. my search term was "restarting at-spi2."
Any help/documentation/manpages are greatly appreciated.