Re: GDM and/or PulseAudio mute my sound

Finally able to return my attention to this problem.

alsa-store.service and alsa-restore.service are oneshot services with no [Install] section. Therefore, they cannot be enabled and disabled using systemctl. They do, however, appear to run as needed, probably as a dependency when udev loads the modules for the sound device. I find that the volumes are always saved at shutdown and restored at boot time, but something in gdm or gnome-settings-daemon, or possibly even Pulse itself is muting the volume, although it seems unlikely that Pulse is doing it, because if I restore the master volume after gdm starts, either using alsamixer or by explicitly running alsa-restore.service, logging into GNOME once again mutes the master volume and sets it to 0. Apparently, Google is not my friend this time, as I can find no information about this problem, and I appear to be the only one experiencing it, and only on this machine. Additionally, I resized the existing partition on this machine's hard disk and installed Arch into the free space, just in case something was behaving strangely because Arch was installed to a thumb drive, but the problem persists. Any help with this unusual problem is greatly appreciated.
~Kyle