Re: Can't suspend or hibernate

El 27/06/12 04:37, Brock York escribió:
Hey

I haven't been able to suspend my desktop for about 6 months now. I'm not
sure what has caused it.
I haven't had any hardware changes and even a reload hasn't fixed the
problem.
I've tried reading the wiki on suspending and run some tests using
pm-suspend.
It suspends processes fine according to the guide I was following, but it
seems to get stuck at suspending hardware.
I tried disabling as many modules as possible to then get it to suspend but
still no luck.
Is anyone else having this problem or has anyone fixed this problem?

Regards Brock

I can suspend and hibernate but my computer can't boot after a /sudo pm-hibernate/. Not sure why, anyway If I unplug it from the power source for a couple of seconds, then it will boot again almost normally (sometimes I get a message like /cpu frequency error/ from the bios, strangely nothing seems wrong when looking at the bios settings). Maybe the hibernating process sets the computer in some bad state.