Re: *** GMX Spamverdacht *** Re: Muting internal speakers

Hm ... then I will have a look at the conf-files ALSAMIXER showed up for information. Perhaps there is a nice switch ^^

Any other suggestions ?

Am 14.06.2012 23:13, schrieb Eric Ryan Jones:
Arch always did that automatically for me.  I do know that you can set up defaults and fallbacks in KDE just like in Windows.  I'm not sure about GNOME, though, as I have used KDE for a while.

-----Original Message-----
From: arch-general-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:arch-general-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Nelson Marambio
Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2012 4:52 PM
To: arch-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [arch-general] Muting internal speakers

Since the change from Win 7 to Arch there is just one function I really miss up to now. Perhaps someone of you can help me out.

Is it possible that Arch deactivates the internal speakers of my laptop when I plug in my USB-headset and turn input / output to this ?

In Windows I could define the USB headset as default for in-/output so Win made a fallback to internal speakers only when I plugged out the headset again.

It would be really great if Arch was that comfortable too. I know in GNOME there are just two clicks to do for switching to another audio hardware but ... :D

Warm regards,
Nelson.