Re: Battery question about a Firmware Bug in logs.

On 01/04/2012 01:53 AM, Don Juan wrote:
On 01/03/2012 08:20 PM, Don Juan wrote:
I am running Arch on a Toshiba Qosmio x505-q887. I have tried everything I can find online and in the wikis in setting things up but no matter what I have tried I can not get rid of the message in the logs, though my battery life seems semi reasonable, roughly 1.75hrs on average so far with not much tweaking being done to help extend.

Error:
[Firmware Bug]: battery: (dis)charge rate invalid.

Is this something I should be worried about? Will it screw up my battery in charging and use right now as is? I am not really finding much online in relation to this actual error in the logs. Mostly its people saying that the logs report that the discharge rate is 0% and mine just says discharging and gives no rate or anything.

I am fully updated currently, not on testing repos. I also do get 2 other messages in the logs that I am not sure if they are related.

[Firmware Bug]: ACPI: BIOS _OSI(Linux) query ignored
From what I read and understand online, is this is of no real concern and I don't need to worry about it. Is this correct in my thinking and understanding?

PCI: Using host bridge windows from ACPI; if necessary, use "pci=nocrs" and report a bug. I have tried doing what it says in the Kernel boot args but it just gives me the same message but saying to do the reverse and use pci=crs. I have not looked much into this one, but don't want to leave out something that may be causing what I am asking.

I can send any configs if needed

Thanks for anyone's time and effort in helping.
Also to add some more that I found while still tinkering with this and applying the Kernel update that just came through. acpi -V tell me the last full capacity I have gotten is 70%, could that be why I am getting the invalid (dis)charge rate warning?

Thanks

Well the only other info I can find online, besides trying different settings which have had no effect. I have tried numerous fixes/workarounds that were posted in regards to people having a similar bug but it was in regards to acpi telling them it was discharging at zero rate. My output is as follows

Battery 0: Discharging, 87%, 01:57:08 remaining

That is all the output I get. Is there a file that is related to discharge rate some place I can not find? Is this rate built into the kernel? From what I read this is built in to the kernel but I am not sure I am grasping that. Am I chasing something that is moot to overall performance and stability of the laptop? Can I give any other info I am not thinking of sharing? Is this question that bad I get the silence? ;)

Anyways thanks for reading, hope I am not just pumping noise

Don