Re: Programs Not Closing

26.10.2011 20:53, Squall Lionheart пишет:
Hello,

Ever since the upgrade to KDE 4.7 several weeks ago, a lot of programs seem
to hang in the Task Manager after I close them.  They will remain for a long
time or until I open another application.  I also have an occasional
application crash when I shutdown.  Unfortunately, the crash message tells
me nothing of what program is crashing and I'm not sure if it's related.

My question for everyone is regarding the programs hanging around since it's
a regular thing and is most likely the cause of the latter.  Is this a
common thing or do I have some conflict somewhere, or a service that isn't
happy?

I run pacman -Suy almost daily and use Firefox, Thunderbird, Kopete,
Yakuake, VirtualBox, Terminal, Kwrite, and BOINC on a regular bases.  I put
my system to sleep nightly and shutdown at the end of the week.
DAEMONS=(syslog-ng dbus network !netfs crond alsa @cupsd @boinc @samba).

I hope that's enough info.

Thank you

What you mean under "Task Manager" ? The thing is i have similar problem after update to KDE 4.7 - some programs exist in task panel some time, after I closed them. For example after i closing firefox i can see it's shortcut in task panel.

--
Cheers,
Roman V.Leon.