Re: PKGBUILD - howto handle 'src' when svn source is already in PKGBUILD dir?

On 01/28/2011 02:57 AM, Kirill Churin wrote:
See how this is handled e.g. in this PKGBGUILD:
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/mesa-git/mesa-git/PKGBUILD

Thank you Kirill!

So it looks like I need to backup one (or two) directories and do the PKGBUILD higher up in the svn tree rather than on a 'per module' basis. Is there a general rule of thumb to figure out where to put it? Take for example the svn tree:

applications
  abakus
  adept
  amarok
  basket
  <snip>
dependencies
  arts
  tqtinterface
kdeaccessibility
kdeaddons
kdeadmin
<snip>

looking at mesa, they do the PKGBUILD at the top, build everything, then 'package' the various pieces (modules) individually. What is the thought process for determining whether you put one PKGBUILD at the top and do it like mesa or whether you put one PKGBUID in each major module and build from there? Example:

applications
  PKGBUILD
dependencies
  PKGBUILD
kdeaccessibility
  PKGBUILD
<snip>

Is it just a 'whatever makes the PKGBUILD' setup work best? Or are there some fast and hard rules like a 'one subdirectory limit' that I need to know?

  Thanks Again.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.