howto tease and install of kdemod3 from the old packages?

Guys,

	I know kdemod3 is considered dead, but I would like to install it on the new
box I am setting up tonight. I have the full chakra repo of files and I thought
it would be as simple as just creating an entry in pacman.conf to point to my
server and the install would proceed. But I ran into an issue with

[00:19 phoenix:~] # pacman -Sy kdemod3-complete
:: Synchronizing package databases...
 core is up to date
 extra is up to date
 community is up to date
 archlinuxfr is up to date
 kdemod-legacy is up to date
 xyne-any is up to date
resolving dependencies...
warning: cannot resolve "libxxf86misc", a dependency of "kdemod3-kdebase"
<snip 50 of the same>
:: the following package(s) cannot be upgraded due to unresolvable dependencies:
      kdemod3-applets  kdemod3-baghira-sidebar  kdemod3-kdeaddons-base
<snip the rest of the kdemod3 packages>

Do you want to skip the above package(s) for this upgrade? [y/N]

	Yes, I know kdemod3 is broken by the cups strlcpy problem, but I use many of
the kde3 apps in whatever desktop I use. For this new box it will most likely be
just fluxbox, but I need kwrite, kate, konqueror, kcolorchooser, ksnapshot,
quanta+, etc.... I hate the sloppy kde4 versions or it would load those.

	Before the kdemod-legacy repo was pulled, install was simple, so I wonder if it
is possible to trick the installer into resolving "libxxf86misc" somehow so that
the install can proceed.

	Anybody have any thoughts on how this can be done? Worst case, I guess I could
cannibalize a kdemod3 install from one of my other boxes, but I would like to
find a way to do a proper install since I have 3 more boxes to install.

	So, what says the brain trust? Possible? Not Possible?

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC