Re: Err... Why is gvim now conflicting with vim?

On 05/07/2010 11:27 AM, Ray Kohler wrote:
At the very least, I wish you would post your tech-support
questions on the forums, which are designed for that kind of content
(and are sadly already a bit overrun). This list, as I understand it,
is intended as the primary means for users to communicate with the
devs, not a help-channel. Filling it with ordinary help requests makes
it much less useful.

You have a legit point that David (and others) should do a little research first before asking for help.

But your characterization of the mailing list - and your assertion that all tech help requests belong on the forums - are both wrong.

The list is called "Arch general", and the devs have stated the list's purpose as follows:

"This mailing list hosts general discusson about the Arch Linux distribution. Questions, problems, and new development ideas can be posted here."