Re: Unable to upgrade

Brendan Long wrote:
On 02/20/2010 04:23 AM, John Black wrote:
64bit support for proprietary software, on Linux, is disgustingly bad.

Why not just install the 32 bit version then? 64 bit Linux can run 32
bit programs..

That is what I did and I could get everything to work except microphone in.
I have setup wine to play EvE plusa few other games and everything works perfect except mic in. I can not use TeamSpeak (32bit) and asking for 64 did nothing, this has been requested for years. Hopefully the new beta will make a difference. Skype will not work either and I am sure plenty of people have requested a 64bit version but what do they care.

I have setup a 32 chroot to get these legecy apps to work but it did not help either. I can use my microphone with any 64bit apps that is installed but none of the 32bit apps are able to capute it but they can playback.

Unfortunately the ARCH upgrade process is solid so I have not been forced to reload but I'll go back to 32bit eventually. It is not as if I really need it, my 4GB of RAM will be available under 32bit as well.

--
John