Re: mail client

On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 07:24:30 +0100, andrew james <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

i think I am soon tired of thunderbird 3.. I could revert to vers 2 but why is the newer vers slow, laggy, semi-stallish?

has anyone else a funky thunderbird vers 3? any switch values to cause it to work quicker?

alternatively,

what is your favoured mail news client for POP3, IMAP, Syndicates, news groups NNTP, all in one?

I want a  better program.

andrew

I've been using Opera's Mail client. It is a no nonsense mail client with support for all above and it integrates with Opera itself obviously. It is closed source and not in the official repo's but you can find it in AUR. When TB3 came out I've tried to switch in combination with uzbl or firefox and kick the last closed source app off my laptop. But TB3 is terrible imho. I've also tried Claws/Sylpheed for a while but that interface is so spartan and I don't know if it has NNTP support. In the end you should try at least Opera and Claws to see which fits your needs.

--
Jeroen Op 't Eynde
jeroen@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Use bottom posting: http://www.idallen.com/topposting.html