Re: A suggestion for the devs regarding rebuilds

On 09/02/10 04:49, Xavier Chantry wrote:
With every big rebuilds we get new breakage stories. It seems like
it's the norm nowadays rather than the exception.

I am wondering if it's really only the users that are to blame.. or if
Arch is also to blame. Or if Arch was supposed to be an elitist
distribution and is victim of its success.

I think the answer to that is in the question: What did we do different previously that resulted in far less of these issues?

My impression is that nothing has particularly change in terms of how rebuilds are handled. If anything, the whole process has become a lot more streamlined and cases of missing a package rebuild are now almost non-existent.

So the cause must be... A change in user-base? Maybe just an increase in user-base resulting in more people who think Arch should be done their way and not the Arch way?