Re: An old, tiresome discussion: cdrtools vs cdrkit - tone it down

On 30-01-2010 12:58, Baho Utot wrote:
I don't think you "get it".

First of all, I don't care what happened when the split or fork
happened. It makes _ZERO_ difference to me.

This is what I have done because of _your_ direct actions on this list
and other actions by you on some news groups I read.

On the computers I have that run Slackware -12.2/13.0 I have removed
cdrtools and installed cdrkit.
Note that Slackware distributes cdrtools.

I don't care if cdrtools is better than the very best or that cdrkit is
worst than the worst. It doesn't matter.

I have preformed some tests and guess what cdrkit works! Imagine that.
It burnt the iso's for Slackware distribution, and using md5sum to sum
both a Slackware distribution disk burned by both cdrkit and cdrtools
and they are the same, how did that happen?

Going forward I will use cdrkit on any system that I have any
responsibilities on.

Thanks.

PS. I agree and support Arch Linux to distribute cdrkit.

Strange, I have had the opposite experience.
Trying to burn some CDs with cdrkit (on CentOS) give some problem with not being able to generate Joliet system and I have had trouble with utf-8 too.

First I thought I was making some stupid mistake, but changing to cdrtools (from sourceforge repository) fixed that.

Well, it was in another distro, but by what I've read in this thread it seems to make sense now.

Armando