Re: Re-installing whole system without touching configs.

2010/1/17 Javier Vasquez <j.e.vasquez.v@xxxxxxxxx>:
> I don't want to do a install from scratch, just want to re-install
> everything, but not touching the configuration files.  Still I want to
> re-install all packages already installed in the system.
> Is there a way to do such re-install through pacman?  If so, please let me know.

In the pacman's wiki page (italian translate) [1] there's a procedure
that you could do. With this procedure you can install all the package
that you have now in the new system after the re-installation of Arch.
First you have to do a package's backup

#  pacman -Qqe > pkglist

after that you must save the file pkglist in an USB drive or where you
want. In the new Arch, browse in the directory that contains the
pkglist file and type

# pacman -S $(cat pkglist)

all of your "old" package will be re-install in the new Arch.

Alberto

[1] http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pacman_%28Italiano%29

--
Bonacina Alberto